Sunday, April 15, 2012

What's your motivation?

If you've followed my blog, you will know that my mom inspired me and got me involved in marathon training.  I selfishly began the marathon training because I thought it would help me lose weight, which it did, but it also introduced me to some great people within the Team In Training organization.  Part of my mom's motivation was the 'bling' she received upon crossing the finish line.

Yes, the medals are great and I cherish them all and I keep them in plain view so I can see my accomplishments.  When I have company, my guest can see my bling, too.  A bit narcissistic? Perhaps, but I walked all 26.2 or 13.1 miles, dang-it!  Any chance I get to talk about marathon training and the experience, I do.

So, this got me thinking.  What motivates you to complete a marathon, 5K, or 10K?  

Not sure where to find an event?  Check out the below websites or visit your local running specialty store.

some of my bling!
http://www.active.com/
http://running.competitor.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment