Monday, June 22, 2015

Plus-girl in a bikini top!

I'm not sure how my head knew to think it was not okay for me to wear a two-piece swimsuit. As in a bikini top and bottom and NOT a one-piece.  

I've always been pretty confident in my own skin and of my plus-size self...until I hit the beach or pool.  I've always worn a one-piece suit or a tankini, once I discovered them.  My belly had to be covered at all times.
Last year, I recall browsing my fashion bloggers and coming across articles on plus-size swimwear and seeing pictures of two-piece suits. Bra tops with high-waist bottoms.  Bra tops with fringe and low bottoms.  My thoughts were, 'how hot are these suits!'  And, 'I can't wait to wear one!'.



As I continue to think out loud. I wonder, if maybe the fashion industry told me it was not okay for me, a plus-size woman to wear a two-piece swimsuit? I hadn't really seen them in my mainstream fashion mags, nor in the blogs I had followed.  Until last year!! 

I told myself that in 2015, I would rock a two-piece suit while in Hawaii next summer. I even started following a few other bloggers who were all about flaunting their curves and 'stealing' a few pics from their websites for inspiration. A few pictures even made it on my 2015 vision board.



GabiFresh introduced me to swimsuitsforall along with her sexy swim line.  I KNEW I had to have one! I found one and can't wait to rock it in Waikiki!  Check it out, here!

 http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/Gabifresh-DDD-Cup-Sea-Reef-Plus-Size-Underwire-Bikini

Target introduced me to Ava & Viv. There were some cute swim wear, but it wasn't until I saw my blogger friend in my head, GarnerStyle rocking the cheveron print bikini top with palazzo pants that inspired me more! I already owned the pants and never would have thought to wear them to the beach as a cover-up, but the top?! Gah!! I died and knew I had to try it on!  I bought it and planned to debut it Memorial Day weekend in Cabo!

http://garnerstyle.blogspot.com/2015/04/just-beachy.html

And so, I did! Wore a bikini top pool and beachside.

At first, I was hesitant and uncomfortable because I only saw the 'traditional sized' woman in a bikini. But after a few seconds, off came the cover-up and BOOM! All my glory was out for all to see. I gave no damns and strutted around proudly in a bikini top!



I expect the same attitude when I debut my Gabifresh suit in a few months, as well.   Giving NO Damns, that is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment