Friday, July 24, 2015

Benefits of fitness...to me!

If you've read my blog from the beginning, you know fitness and maintaining a healthy lifestyle has been the theme throughout. Weight loss is a casualty, if you will of fitness and exercise.




This past year, I've had many 'aha' moments as I've continued my journey.  Simple things I enjoy are so much easier with less weight. While I don't live by the number on the scale, I do weigh myself weekly. With that being said, I don't let the number on the scale be the only measurement of progress. Here are but a few recent 'simple things' that have made me want to continue to lose inches.


° attending Warriors games this season. I've always felt like a stuffed sausage sitting in those seats! Lord help me if I have my jacket and a bag. Feeling comfortable is highly unlikely.




° wearing clothes these days is fun! The constant tugging and pulling of my pants is so annoying! I should invest in suspenders to hold my pants up!



° my skirts now play ring around the rosey! Manufacturers put tags on clothing for a purpose to identify the front/back of the article of clothing. When my skirt swivels around, it's not comfy, at all.



° recent travel has been nice, too. I mean, I have a little room in the seat and the arm rest stays in its downright position. Again, I'm usually a stuffed sausage in the seat and I'm constantly pushing the armrest down. Pretty embarrassing when I'm not traveling with family.


° airline bathroom use has also become less stressful.  You see, for a germaphobe  like me, touching public restroom anything is just gross to me. I mean, I use toilet paper to lift the bathroom seat. An airline restroom is not a large space. Struggling to get all of my width into an airline restroom without touching the walls is difficult. What a discovery when I no longer had to shimmy myself in there!


All of these discoveries display my progress in a way so absent from the scale. What a motivator to keep going. To keep waking up at the crack 'o dawn to get my ass beat (with love) by The Inner Athlete trainers. To keep finding moments where I can see my progress without getting on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment