Monday, January 11, 2010

How it all began....

So, this is how my marathon plan began.....I sent my mom an email on December 3, 2009. Prior to that, I had been speaking to a friend about this goal, but hadn't talked about with others at that point. I finally let my mom know what was up....







Hi Ma,



I've been thinking about this for sometime and have just begun to verbalize what it is I want to do. You may have even heard me casually mention it, but I'm not really sure. I'm seriously thinking about RUNNING, not walking a 1/2 marathon by my 40th birthday. Don't get terribly excited, yet as I'm still talking myself into it. By telling you, I'm almost to the full commitment stage of preparing for this event. What woman better to help me cross the finish line?? Um, that would be you!

Your credentials:


  • inspired to run

  • ability to maintain excitement

  • ability to motivate others

  • multi-marathon finisher, including, NY Marathon, Chicago Marathon, Big Sur, San Diego Rock n Roll, San Jose Rock n Roll, and countless other events that I can't even name

  • trained and mentored others to the finish line

  • committed

  • you're my mom!

So, perhaps, we can have a casual conversation about what it takes to be a marathon runner.


Some topics I'd like to cover are:


how one prepares to run with a big butt, how to get over the fear of running, and what ever else, I'm missing. Renee even mentioned that she would run, too!


Thank you in advance for being my mentor, coach, and most of all, mom.


I love you lots,



Juvella

No comments:

Post a Comment