Tuesday, January 26, 2010

In Memorium....

Today was a day of grieving for my dearest friends, Eugene & Phyllis Durr. Eugene buried his mom today, who departed this earth on January 15th at 82 years old. During the service, my heart was still heavy from the loss of my best friend, Yvette's mom, who passed away last March. My heart was also heavy with the pain of all of my other friends who lost their mom in 2009.

During the service, I really thought about how lucky I am to still have my mom. I don't want to know the pain my friends are experiencing after losing their mom. My guess is that the pain of losing your mom never goes away, but that you find new ways of coping with her physical being not being present.

And so, this Saturday, January 30th, I will be running/walking for my friends who lost their moms. Without their moms, I wouldn't have the great friends that I have, today.

Georgia Kirvin-my bff, Yvette's mom
Mama Durr-mother & mother-in-law to Eugene & Phyllis Durr
Mrs. Toussaint-mom to childhood friends, Vicky & Veronica
Shandra's mom
Jason's mom

Thank you moms for having such wonderful children and watch over me this Saturday and always.

Love,
Juvella

No comments:

Post a Comment