Monday, March 15, 2010

Change of Venue

Training is going well, thus far. I'm doing more running than walking these days and I must say, I'm very proud of myself. The last few run/walk sessions were at the San Leandro Marina (SLM). While I love SLM, it is becoming a bit too crowded for me. Even at 7:30am! Mostly because I am noticing quite a few training teams getting ready for the Oakland Marathon, which is March 28th and for events in June (Rock n Roll). I've seen Team In Training, SF Aids Foundation, and a Gay & Lesbian Oakland run team. So, needless to say, the trail is crowded! Time to change my venue, for now.

This past Saturday, coach mom and I went to Lake Chabot. I've not been out there in a while. I forgot about the rolling hills out there, but it was a good change of pace and a great way to step up my training game.

With daylight savings, my hope is to train after work and get some lunch time walks in, too. I want to fully run this 1/2 marathon, not run/walk it. I mean, I know the most important thing is to finish. Well, I have no doubt that I will finish, but I want to I want to join the club. The runners club!


Wish me luck on the trail.....

No comments:

Post a Comment