Sunday, March 28, 2010

Seeing my people....

I've recently noticed something new as I've been out on the trail or at least the San Leandro Marina (SLM). I'm seeing a lot of my people, my cousins, AKA Black people! For the longest time, I wouldn't see a lot of my people out on the trail, but lately, I'm seeing Black people out in droves. That makes my heart smile and for good reason. We have a history of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol among other diseases. I like seeing that so many of us are taking control of our health. We are walking at what ever pace our body will carry us and that is a great thing! As the weather warms up and the day light is longer, I hope to see many more of us out on the trail. Here's to movin what our mama's gave us!

No comments:

Post a Comment