Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lake Chabot

It's 7:30am, Sunday morning, but I felt like it was 9 or 10am.  Shoot!  I can never sleep in...oh well, I lay in bed listening to gospel on KBLX like I do every Sunday morning before I go for a walk or to the gym.  This morning, I thought, 'why don't I walk my complex rather than drive to Lake Chabot?'  I laid in bed for 30 more minutes to get myself together for my walk.  Mid-dress, I decided it was too beautiful of a morning to waste the walk in my complex, so I'm off to my 2nd favorite walking trail, Lake Chabot.

I'm now listening to KBLX in my car en route to Lake Chabot.  It was beautiful, clear, and warm for 8:30am.  I decided to take the more challenging side of the trail as it offered more rolling hills and more open air, less trees.  Along the trail, I was really hearing the outside.  A bit different than I normally do.  I heard more rustling in the

trees, the ducks in the lake were louder, the birds were singing louder, too.  This is why I enjoy Lake Chabot.  Or maybe, I was truly focused on being there to really appreciate it's beauty.  

http://www.ebparks.org/parks/lake_chabot

1 comment: