Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sometimes, you just need a break

Last week, I was a bit under the weather, so my workouts weren't the best.  In fact, I only worked out one day.  Even that workout was a awful because I felt awful.  Tuesday is my normal day off, but I decided to try to workout because I am also at a pivotal point of my weight loss from the number on the scale perspective, also known as a plateau.  BOOOO to plateau's!

The current number on the scale is a point I've not been able to cross, so I am pushing myself extremely hard.  Mostly because I want my body to know it can go below 'that number', but also, I need to show myself I can go below 'that number'.

My efforts would fail.  As each day of the week would pass, I felt worse.  I went to work and came immediately home only to shower and literally, nose-dive in my bed, most nights falling asleep with the tv on.

If I wanted to continue to be successful with getting healthy, I had to tell myself that my not feeling well is a sign telling me to chill out; to take a break!  Take it easy, and get some rest. 

Take a break and make time to get well.  As difficult as it was, I had to give in to my body and finally listen.  Well, and to my mom.  She always knows what to say to make me feel better and to point out my many 'non-scale' celebrations.  Thanks mom! 

I took a break last week, got some good rest, and now I'm ready to go....to cross that plateau!       

No comments:

Post a Comment