Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Date to Spin

I have quite a few active co-workers.  We often speak about our fitness activities (i.e. training for marathons, gym classes taken, work out schedules, etc.).  Two of my co-workers speak about their spin class and how much they enjoy them.  My response to that, 'can't do it, the seat will hurt my butt!'.  Their response to me, 'ah...you're butt will get used to the seat!'

After many conversations about spin, my co-worker invited me to his gym for a lunch time spin class.  I accepted the invite and I put it on my calendar in ink, too!  I was excited about the class, he was excited about me taking the class.

Spin class day arrives and we're both excited, but I'm still concerned about my butt!  For real, ya'll!  I don't even ride the stationary bike at the gym!

I get to the class and take a bike near the back; in case I leave early.  I would have hated to be tough girl on the bike in the front, but have to do the 'walk of shame' out of class because I couldn't hang.  Anyway...I'm trying to figure out my bike.  Thankfully, the instructor asked for newbies and who needed help.  She got me all set up, yet I'm still worried my butt would hurt.  She told me as long as I used proper posture, which she demonstrated for me, I'd be okay.  I put two towels on my seat, just in case.

And we're off!  I'm spinning...following the instructors direction.  Turning my tension up, doing sprints, normal pace, turning the tension down.  Off the seat, going up hill, sprint, normal pace, etc...I'm spinning and yes, my butt was a bit uncomfortable, but it was such a great workout.  I really enjoyed the class. After, my co-worker smiled and congratulated me.  He said I did a great job.

What a great lunch date....a spin class!

Thanks, Amiy!     


       

No comments:

Post a Comment