Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Healthy Checks, part 2: UPDATE

I am so truly blessed and thankful.  What a huge sigh of relief when I received the call I had been anxiously awaiting for 7 days.

The discovery at my annual physical exam:  A Lump on my Thyroid.  Talk about changing the course of your day in 2 seconds!  One minute, my doctor and I were talking and laughing; the next, she was dead silent as she examined my neck area.  She stepped back and asked me to swallow.  Swallow, again.  She comes back to my neck area to further examine the front, back, and sides of my neck.  Swallow, again.  At this point, I'm freaked out because she's super quiet and focused and I immediately knew something was wrong.  She still hasn't spoken a word and now she's drawing on my neck and pulling out a ruler.  She finally looks at me, seeing the fear in my eyes to reveal that she's discovered the lump.  I cry, instantly and I could feel my heart beating fast.  And not in the 'I've just worked out kind of way',but the 'I'm really scared' kind of way.  

Thankfully, the fine needle aspiration that was done shortly after the discovery revealed that the lump was benign and that it's something I will have to monitor to make sure it doesn't grow.  My blood work also revealed my thyroid was okay, too.

I shared this information with some friends and asked them for prayers and was very appreciative of their concern.

Ironically, Hill Harper, an actor, author, and philanthropist reveals that he too had a lump on his thyroid; only his was proven to be cancer.  He's written about it in his new book, 'The Wealth Cure:  Putting Money In It's Place'.  I can't wait to see what Hill has to say about his experience and discovery of thyroid cancer and learn his correlation between wealth and health.


  http://www.eurweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Hill-Harper-The-Wealth-Cure.jpg     

1 comment:

  1. So very thankful you are ok and healthy. Love my Belle!

    ReplyDelete