Sunday, October 9, 2011

In a slump....ugh!

The last few weeks have been pretty tough for me on a personal level and a fitness level.  I am in a slump and thankfully, I recognize it.  People in  my life recognize it, too.  I thank you, mom and Sharon. 

During this time, this is when I need to listen to my own advise of 'working out when I don't want to' or 'when you're feeling down, working out will make you feel better'.  Well, for me, cuddling up in my bed with comfy pjs has been my desired coping method.  Oh....and eating!

I knew things were pretty bad when I called my mom and asked her to meet me for Chevy's.  While I was sharing with my mom what was going on, I instantly began to cry.  Like for real, cry.  I was speaking my frustrations through my tears of what was going on with me and why I was feeling the way I had been feeling.  I felt as if I were 12.  I think I freaked my mom out because I am pretty sure she wasn't expecting me to lose it the way that I did.

In true momma form, she knew exactly what to say.  She knew how to verbally comfort her baby girl who wasn't feeling 100%.  Thank you, mom for always knowing what to say, no matter what.

My friend, Sharon shared a blog post with me, 'Relapse Happens'.  You see, I've been absent from her classes.  Not only does she notice my absence, but so does my classmates. I read Sharon's blog as if she were directly speaking to me.  Her post spoke to my feelings of being burnt out, triggers, and how to recover. 

I am on my way.  I know this happens to me all of the time.  I just have to do better at not staying in my slump for so long.

http://zumbawithsharon.com/          

No comments:

Post a Comment