Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Runner in the making.....

Coach Mom and I took our run/walk training to Alameda Bay Farm. It was a breezy morning with a bit of haze over the bay. I kinda wished it would have rained the night before to clean the air. It would have made for an even more beautiful view while on the trail. One thing Bay Area folks take for granted, I think, are the beautiful views, landscape, and the serenity of the trails. You can live anywhere and with a 15-30 minute drive, you could find yourself at a Regional trail.
In addition to increasing mileage, Coach Mom is changing my run/walk ratio from 2:1 to 4:1, which is pretty huge....for me! This means I'm running longer than I am walking. I'm very excited about my progress as it's been very slow, but steady. I will alter my run/walk ratio based on when I'm tired, admittedly, but for the most part, I stick to Coach Mom's signals. Who knows...perhaps I am on my way to becoming a full-blown runner....for now, I'm a runner in the making!

1 comment:

  1. So Coach Mom is increasing your mileage and pulling everything out of you that she knows is inside of you, especially: desire, determination, and that can do attitude. Maybe the key is for me to keep my mouth shut...I didn't talk so much this time, aren't you proud of me...well except at the end and it's just because while the solitude is there, for both of us, so is the enthusiasm and pride for me.

    As I have watched you come from a struggling, out of breath 2:1 mostly walker, to a 5:1 brilliant runner...yeah I said it, runner, I am beaming. I can turn around, run backwards, as you run towards me, and you know what, just like when you finally walked, you never stopped...you are getting your swag on girl.

    You are glowing, you are smiling, you are standing tall...thank you for not slumping over because you do not want to get tired...you just look good and guess what, in two weeks, I am moving you up to a 6:1, I will keep my mouth shut, not flap my arms so much as I am getting my groove on, and I will continue to watch you blossom, for that is what you are doing.

    Just so you know, you became a runner with the first running steps you took...be it for 10 seconds or 10 minutes. You are on your way, and I must say, once again, I am very proud of you and humbled by the fact that you have enough faith in me to help you on this journey.

    I've already visualized you crossing the finish line on June 5th, I just hope the boob cam is not so sweaty that I won't get a great picture!!!

    ReplyDelete