Thursday, September 6, 2012

Idle eating

One of the challenges I am experiencing while recovering is eating.  Eating healthy snacks that is.  I have long discovered that I like to eat candy and chips while watching tv or while I'm surfing the internet.  And as a result, I've gained 2 lbs to date.  While I know it's okay to enjoy the not so healthy snacks on occasion, for me, it's imperative that I workout, too.  I am only allowed to walk at this time and it's driving me crazy.

I'm finding ways to still feel like I'm working out as if I were taking my afro-belly boogie, crx, or zumba classes by walking with small and adding hills to route.  I am also taking more stairs along my route, too.  Thank goodness I live in a community with lots of hills and stairs.  I don't even have to go far!

I do look forward to my regular work outs and shaking my bon-bon, but for now, I'll keep walking up those stairs with my weights and spending less time eating the candy and chips!    

No comments:

Post a Comment