Monday, September 29, 2014

The Struggle....Is REAL!

I have many challenging days motivating myself to hit the pavement.  Today was definitely not an exception.   The funny thing is I decided to make my walk a bit more challenging by adding 4lb weights.

As I began my walk, I immediately felt like I did not want to be out there and wanted to turn around to get back into my bed.  I took a few more steps.  Got hot so I had to take my jacket off.  Took a few more steps.  Thought about turning around.  I took a few more steps to sit on the bench. Understand,  I pass this bench each time I walk Lake Chabot, but never have I sat down.  Today, I sat down for a minute, never reading the dedication on the bench until I was ready to resume my walk.  A man approached me and commented that he too was tired and wanted to take a rest. He stated he had recently 'gotten on track' and had been struggling a bit, too.  I shared the same sentiment.  I was wearing a Nike Women's Marathon Finishers shirt to which the man congratulated me.  He also tipped his hat for the accomplishment.  I wished the man a good finish to his walk and to stay on the track and he the same for me.  When I turned to see the dedication, I thought how fitting.  I really wanted to go home, yet I know the importance of health and fitness in my life.  I think that man chatting with me was God's way of telling me to keep going and not go home.

I don't know who the Schultz family is, but I thank them.  Their words were very fitting for me and the man.




No comments:

Post a Comment