Sunday, August 12, 2012

Many Thanks...

I am home from the hospital to begin my recovery.  With the help of medication, I'm not experiencing too much pain.  And I'm really following the doctor's orders of taking my medication on time, walking, and drinking lots of fluids.

I wouldn't have made it through this procedure without the wonderful help of the below people.

I had such an outstanding stay at UCSF, Mt. Zion campus.  I had an entire team of round the clock support to make sure I was comfortable, got out of the bed, brought me liquids, even held my hand for additional support to the restroom.

Big shout-out and props to you Team 4 East!!  

UCSF Mt.Zion Campus:
Rachelle-check in lady
Gina, RN-pre op nurse: she poked and stabbed me and made me laugh along the way
Nikuru and Tishanu-residence (spelling is so wrong, sorry drs.)
Dr Chen: the 'drug man'
Dr Abnur: he was on the anesthesiology team, but was pulled away.  We had a nice chat about the 'cocktail' he would have prepared for me
Christopher: the 'drug man' one of them, anyway...
Richard: recovery nurse. He made sure my glasses were on my face when I woke up.  That was very important to me.  Every time I moved, he was ready to give me ice chips. I hadn't eaten or had a drink since 11:45 the night before.  It was now about 6pm or so.  I think.
GiGi, RN : my overnight nurse after my surgery. Even at 2 am, she was a dream.  She literally woke me up every 2-3 hours to make sure I was comfortable and doing well; with a smile
Estelita, RN
Lyndon, RN
Blanca, RN
Raeshon, RN
Alma: Patient Care Assistant-she helped me get to the toilet
Stephanie, RN
Karen, RN
Reynaldo, janitor
Venice Ayala-surgical scheduler

A special shout out to my mom who waited all day at the hospital and spent the night.  To  Jessica along with my mom was there when I woke up.  She also brought me flowers, magazine, and chocolate.   She was prepared to polish my nails, too, but she had to run to dinner.

Shout out to my friend Holly who made an appearance and surprised me with a date! We're going to see Anthony Hamilton.  She even bought me the cd so I learn all of the songs! 

More special shout outs to:

Neda, who called in a panic, not sure what was going on with me.  I thought for sure I had told her of my upcoming surgery, but I didn't.  She prayed for me on the spot while we were on the phone.

To my best friend, bobo (Yvette) for calling my mom all day to check in on my progress.  Even from the beach!

And to all of my other family and friends who called or texted me well-wishes and prayers before, during and after my surgery.  I think I've responded to all. 

Thank you really isn't a big enough word to express my appreciation, but I am so grateful for all of you and I am truly blessed to have you in my life.

Last but not least, Dr Alison Jacoby.  She is a patient doctor, tops in her field, and highly regarded amongst her peers.  She let me make my decision about my healthcare even when she knew I should have had this procedure done years ago.  She continued to address my fears and concerns, but always let me know she'd be ready when I were ready. Thank you Dr. Jacoby.  The best part, I can still be your patient even though I no longer have fibroids.  

My post-fibroid life begins, NOW....

No comments:

Post a Comment