Thursday, August 23, 2012

Recovery mode

Two weeks ago, today, I was preparing for surgery.  Now, I am in full-blown recovery mode.  I've been following my doctors orders to a Tee and see progress with each new day.  One of the orders is walking.  It is the best way to recover during the first 4-weeks post-op.  I started walking in the hospital the day after my surgery at a super slow pace.  I even tried to 'track my walk' using my Nike+ID!  Needless to say, it didn't register because I was moving too slow.

Walking is also great to 'wake-up' your intestines after surgery, too.  I learned my fibroids were attached to internal parts and this has been the most challenging part of my recovery.  I can't even begin to tell you how painful it is, so I won't, but I am walking through it.

I am still in awe by the amount of love, prayers, and thoughts that have come my way.  I am one blessed woman, indeed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment