Thursday, October 4, 2012

A workout discovery

I've been getting back to my regularly scheduled workout program, which consisted of walking, zumba, afro-belly boogie, u-jam, and pretty much any fitness activity that looks or sounds interesting to me.  I'll try a fitness idea at least once.

I had been attending my friend, Sharon's zumba gold classes (zumba for seniors), but this week, I attended regular zumba.  While grooving through the routines, one of the movements consisted of a stand-up stomach crunch.  As I'm moving to the music, it hit me!

I didn't feel the hard-like bulge in my belly that I had previously felt during my workouts when I completed stomach crunches, leg lifts, or any movement in my core region.  It was weird and bizarre all at the same time.  A feeling that I had for so long was no longer there.  This was another moment of clarity that I realized that my 'decision' was indeed a great one.  All of the mini discoveries I'm experiencing have been awesome.  I look forward to many more of them.

To find Sharon's zumba classes, visit her website:

www.zumbawithsharon.com    

No comments:

Post a Comment