Sunday, March 17, 2013

How Strong Women Pray

I read ' How Strong Women Pray ' several years ago.  I heard of the book while reading Essence magazine. The book is about a woman, Bonnie St. John sharing her discovery of prayer,  while revealing some intimate moments of growing up.  She enlisted an interesting list women across various walks of life and asked them to talk about their relationship with God and how they pray.

I am not really sure why I was compelled to re-read this book, again. But I can tell you that I read with a different point of view.  Another fact about Ms. St. John, she's a Paraolympic champion.  She writes about overcoming her challenge of losing a leg as a child and learning to walk with a prosthetic leg.

I read the book with bigger eyes. Even found myself crying at times I don't recall when I read this book before.  I was reminded, yet again, that my broken ankle was a temporary situation and that I have lots to overcome, yet I have overcome so much.

Many may even be tired of hearing about my broken ankle.  The truth of the matter is too bad! This has been a life changing experience for me and I have been blessed to share these experiences with others and lucky enough to find the blessings in all of this. Perhaps, that's why I picked up this book, again.  I needed to be reminded that we all go through challenging times in our lives, but it's how you learn and grow from them is what matters.



1 comment:

  1. So inspiring! Its been an awesome experience watching you persevere thru your injury and watching you find those blessings. I'll have to check out this book too xo

    ReplyDelete