Saturday, March 10, 2012

An unexpected workout partner

So, at the end of 2011, I had thoughts of cancelling my 24 Hour Fitness gym membership.  I hadn't been going to the gym as of late, the times I had been going, the front desk clerk was always such a jerk.  When I went in to cancel, the rep I spoke with did his 'pitch' on why I should stay and offered to sign me up for classes for the remainder of the year.  That was another issue I had with the gym...signing up for classes one hour prior to the class to ensure a spot or paying $1.00 for automatic entry.  I let him know that I already pay a membership fee and taking more of my money was unacceptable, in my opinion.

At the present time, I am still a member of 24 Hour and started taking classes, again.  They are still annoyingly crowded, but the time is right and convenient.  So, I'm in zumba class, doing my thing.  Working it out and getting my sweat on and I recognize someone in the mirror.  I am pleasantly surprised to see who I saw.  At the end of the song, we greeted each other and gave each other high-fives.  I saw my co-worker.  Someone I speak to throughout the day and share pleasantries with, but I never expected to see at the gym.

We had a great workout and at the end, she mentioned another class that she takes (boot camp) and suggested I join her the next time.  I agreed to join her at the class.  We go next week and I am looking forward to it.  We took another zumba class together at the end of the work week and expect to do so, again.  Who would of thought...she and I working out with my friend from work, someone I mainly say hello and goodbye to in passing.  What a treat.



The following day at work, we talked about our upcoming class      

No comments:

Post a Comment